Annual Child Protection Awareness In House Course
We are offering an Annual Child Protection Awareness Course at your organisation for up to 50 people for a low cost of £800+vat.
In line with HM Government, Working together to safeguard children (2023) and DfE, Keeping children safe in education (2023), this training will provide all staff working within your organisation with the most up to date safeguarding information.
Delegates will have the opportunity to refresh themselves about the signs and indicators of abuse and will focus on some of the more specific safeguarding issues such as female genital mutilation, radicalisation and extremism and child sexual exploitation.
Throughout the day / session, delegates will have the opportunity to share good practice, learn lessons from serious case reviews and hear about the latest research.
Annual safeguarding training is available for all professionals working with children and can be arranged as either a two or four-hour training session. Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
We can offer you an annual child protection awareness course for your staff looking at the following areas:
- Introduction and Background to Safeguarding - Why this course is important, laws and guidance and the difference between safeguarding and child protection
- Mechanics of Safeguarding - Keeping Children Safe in Education, individual responsibilities, governing body or proprietor responsibilities, headteacher responsibilities, DSL responsibilities, training, online safety and students missing from education.
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect - Where does abuse take place?, signs of abuse in a student, general indicators, physical abuse (bruising, bite marks, burns and scalds, fractures, scars), recognising emotional abuse, recognising sexual abuse and recognising neglect.
- Types of Abuse and Neglect - Radicalisation, extremism and terrorism, Prevent, reporting concerns, Prevent guidance, female genital mutilation (FGM), forced marriage and modern slavery.
- Further Types of Abuse and Neglect - Child sexual exploitation (CSE), child criminal exploitation (including county lines), serious violent crime, grooming, online abuse, child trafficking, harmful sexual behaviour, child on child abuse, cybercrime, bullying and cyber bullying, domestic abuse, self-harm and self-neglect, other issues, children with additional vulnerabilities
- Taking Action - Dealing with disclosures of abuse, concerns about abuse, recording information, confidentiality and record keeping, the continuum of need, the single assessment process, universal services, early help/prevention, child in need, child protection concerns, identifying children who might need early help, child protection procedures, local authority child protection procedures, looked after children and safeguarding, working with parents and further resources.
This course is for any organisation that works with children and young people, no matter what sector you work in and can be run at anytime during the day or evening time.
Contact us for further information.